Winter is here, and so is a halfway decent snowpack. There was no wasting time when they arrived. We went straight from the airport to Creamer's Field were I got to try my hand at skijoring!
Pictured at right is Dan, he was kind enough to let me get hitched up to his dog, Sky (front and center). Sky was hyped up and ready to go!
Myself being quite the newbie, Sky got tired pretty fast. The idea, when you're good, is that you skate ski along and the dog assists by pulling. I, however, didn't get to skating much and Sky pretty much pulled me all around the field.The rest of the Mom and Dad visit consisted of coffee shops, showing them around the school, and my cabin.
Mom and me out front.
The outhouse was hit. They handled the dry cabin livin' like champs!
We also took a drive out to the infamous hut. This is where all my research is currently going on. I haven't really blogged about it, since part of an outreach program is a blog of the research! This can be found here: http://n2o5.blogspot.com I'll link it from my page. It is mostly upkept by Dea, but I post every so often. Let me know if you have any questions!Chugging right along up here. It will be Christmas before you know it. Also, I should be switching cabins (same property, just an upgrade) in the next week or two. Hope all is well with everyone.
Patrick